Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sweet Success

Last night's food swap was a seriously good time.  I was in homemade heaven.  My little breakfast table was brimming with kitchen creativity and homegrown deliciousness.  Well done, ladies.  Well done.  To convince you that next month's exchange is a must for your social calendar, here is a little taste of what was brought.

These were my contributions.  The Spiced Pumpkin Syrup is an easy, must make for all you latte lovers out there who are going broke at Starbucks this fall.  Stay tuned for a simple "how-to" coming to a blog near you.  As for the Homemade Limoncello, this Italian treat is a staple in our freezer, and is a perfect ending to a hearty meal or on a warm summer evening.



After some friendly and delightful conversation, we got down to the nitty gritty business of duking it out over our most wanted items.  These were the delicious options.  They included things like homemade goat cheese, brandied cherries and glazed almonds.


And these are the rounds I won:


My boys insisted on almonds for breakfast; a good choice I might add.  We'll be eating something Ethiopian for dinner with that fragrant Berbere Spice Mix, and those Brandied Cherries, well do I share?  I think not.

We hope you'll join us next month.  Get out your calendars and set aside Wednesday, November 16th, from 6-8pm for a night of homemade fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...