Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Hen House

With chickens on the way, it is time to get busy on that coop.  My father-in-law is a builder extraordinaire, and has graciously offered to help with the process.  The web has plenty of pictures and free plans for coops of all sizes.  I found my inspiration at www.mypetchicken.com.  I don't think four hens need anything fancy, but since we're doing this whole poultry thing on the down-low, I figure I'd better choose something with a little urban camouflage.  My father-in-law tweaked things a bit, and let me tell you, this thing is swanky!  It has linoleum floors, insulation, and plenty of room for my girls to spread their wings.  I wish I could say I helped more, but the fellas around here get all the credit.  I did the painting, but since I'm terrible at math and with power tools, it is probably for the best that I stayed out of the garage.  Many thanks to my sweet husband and the best father-in-law for which a girl could ask!
Indentured servants


The hardest working kid I know!


The afore mentioned husband


The mastermind


The finished product
Bring on the chickens!

1 comment:

  1. You have chickens! Get out!! When we walked the neighborhood that night, we thought it was a dog house. Very suave.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...